Before your session we will discuss locations, style, and the design of your session. You get to tell us what you want to see! Don’t forget to think about props you would like to include in your session.
We want to make sure the focus of the shoot is on your face, instead of being distracted by clothing. So here are some tips to help you think about what to wear on your special day:
- Be careful when choosing a short skirt or dress as they can limit your posing options (but can be fun for special poses as well).
- Think about adding varying styles to your wardrobe in order to make each photo feel unique.
- Be careful of large logos as they can date your photos as well as be distracting to the viewer.
- Remember that jackets can be added to many outfits in order to change the look.
- Make sure to clean and iron clothing the day before. Feel free to bring clothes on a hanger.
- Try on your outfits with undergarments before the shoot.
- Fingernails should be clean and filed. Chipped nail polish will be distracting (if painting nails, neutral tones are often desired).
- Feel free to bring makeup to retouch throughout the shoot.
- Be careful of extensive glittery or frosty eye shadow.
- Make sure you moisturize your lips before your shoot.
- Jewelry is easiest to find during the shoot if you organize it in baggies or slipping it over hangers.
- Be careful of using a lot of products in your hair as you actually want your hair to be able to move in the wind a little bit.
- You can use a slight amount of hairspray to tame fly away hairs.
- Make sure you don’t have a hair cut a week or two before your shoot.
- Don’t forget to take your ponytail holder off of your wrist.
When you arrive we will talk about your wardrobe, props, and design options for the shoot. As we walk into the shoot will make sure to make you look and feel your best. You will have a lot more fun than you think!
- Feel free to bring an extra outfit in case you change your mind last minute.
- It is often nice to have a friend or family member along on the shoot in order to create a more natural experience as well as have someone to help with your props/wardrobe/accessories/etc.
- Be sure to bring props from your favorite movies, sports, hobbies, etc.
- Feel free to bring examples of photos from magazines, Pinterest, etc. and we will be sure to get you the poses you like. We are also more than happy to help you pose.